DIY Ankara Full Circle Skirt

9:20:00 AM Unknown 1 Comments

 
I did a little sewing this weekend and stitched up this full circle skirt using Ankara purchased from AKN Fabrics.  This was my first time using a hem facing and I'm so glad I took the time to do so.  It makes hemming a circle skirt much much easier.
 

I cut an additional band that was 2.5 inches.  With right sides together, I sewed the facing to the skirt and serged the unfinished edge.  I then folded the facing under, pressed, and top stitched.

 
 
I also added slant pockets to the skirt using the front pants pattern (S1158) as a guide. I also used the pocket piece from this pattern.  I forgot to take a picture of the piece. 
 
My body does not like rectangle straight waistbands.  They gap and fit me really poorly so I drafted a contoured waist band that hugs my body much better.  I plan on doing a tutorial on how I draft my contoured waistband on a future blog.
 
Take care, all.
 
Until next time
 
XOXO
 

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Never thought of using the slant pocket on a skirt. Must add this to my extremely long to do list. Nice Tam!

    ReplyDelete