M6953: Pink and Blue African Print

7:00:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments


Happy Monday, every one!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Football in the Obasi/Wilson home = mad sewing for me.  My husband is occupied watching games all day on Saturdays and Sundays and I have all the time to watch Investigation ID and sew. :P

One of the items I finished up was this awesome dress using Ankara fabric from AKN Fabrics.   I used M6953 for this dress. I absolutely love this pattern!  I reviewed the pattern in my Blue Dots Maxi Dress post. The only modifications I made were shortening the bodice and lengthening the skirt a tad more than View A to my desired length.  This is my new go to pattern a fitted bodice.  I also plan to use the skirt pieces with a self drafted waistband for a pleated skirt.  I like the look of the center front, center, back and sides flat and pleat free.  I think it works nicely for my shape.

I adore everything about this dress.  Everything! 

Be well.  Until next time...

Tam

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Love this dress Tammy. Big Gurl Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this dress, the cut , the sleeves and you've used the perfect fabric for it!

    ReplyDelete